Potato gnocchi, pumpkin puree, chives oil & crispy Grana Padano
Recipe for about 4 people
⚠️ To be prepared in advance:
-Cook 400g firm-fleshed potatoes in salted water (30 to 45 min)
-400g firm-fleshed potatoes, already cooked in salted water
-20g Maïzena (corn starch)
-40g egg white
-Vegetable stock, garlic, rosemary, olive oil
-250g extra virgin olive oil
Crispy Grana Padano
-125g grated Grana Padano
Salted Pumpkin seeds
-1 egg white, barely mounted
-1 teaspoon of salt
-3 drops of red Tabasco
-Vegetable stock (either freshly homemade or good quality ready-to-use)
-Some ice to cool down the oil
-Truffle (Optional): to make the recipe more festive, you can add some Truffle. Around 6g per person for White Truffle and 8g for Black Truffle.
-a Thermomix or a hand blender
-2 pans and frying pans
-1 or 2 oven dishes
Step by Step preparation:
- For the puree: Peel the pumpkin, cut it into small cubes, peel the shallots and chop them, then fry them into olive oil with a broken clove of garlic and a twig of rosemary. Add the pumpkin, the vegetable stock up to the level and cook until melted. Remove the garlic and rosemary then mix. Adjust seasoning.
- Start warming up your oven at 90°C.
- For the Gnocchi: Whisk the egg whites and then mix all the ingredient cold – the flour, Maïzena and the potatoes. Shape the gnocchi between 8-12 grams, roll them on a fork and poach them in salted water for about 2 minutes.
- For the salted seeds: Whisk the egg white, add the salt and then the pumpkin seeds. Bake it all at 90°C for 35 minutes.
- For the Chives oil: heat up the oil at 70°C and mix it with all herbs (chives, spinach, parsley), with a robot like a Thermomix or with a Hand blender. Sieve the mixture and cool it on ice immediately.
- Roast with a pan or microwave the grated Grana Padano until it is cooked golden (crispy). Once cold, break it into small pieces.
- Set the plating, according to the Chef’s tips or your own taste, adding some Truffle for example.